5 Animated Films You Should Probably Skip

Bolt
To be fair, I haven’t watched it from start to end. It just never grabbed me and I think it’s a waste of time. Perhaps if you like talking animated animals and Miley Cyrus, this film would be worthwhile but other than that, meh? Also, it kind of seemed similar to Toy Story in the “gotta return to my owner” just way less interesting… 



9
I honestly don’t know what I expected the film would be about when the main characters look like voodoo dolls. 9 was way more scarring than Caroline. I’m so traumatized I don’t even know what it was about other than the last man alive in some robotic post-apocalyptic world splits his soul into “9” dolls and they somehow save the world...maybe?? I don’t think there was a happy ending…
Rango
Don’t really like Johnny Depp and well this was just boring and dry (pun intended - film was about looking for water in a drought town)? The plot was messy and it wasn’t a memorable or captivating film. Definitely skip. 
The Good Dinosaur
The animation - don’t get me wrong, was BEAUTIFUL. It’s really the plot and just the crazy, unrealistic, WTF moments that made me walk out of the cinema as if I had just seen this scene in Madagascar 2 or this scene from Rio 2 (a similar thing actually occurs in The Good Dinosaur too).
The plot was at some points, predictable as it wasn’t exactly original. The message was clear and meaningful but I think most viewers were too devastated to fully appreciate it. You can watch this but it ain’t that great.



Corpse Bride
The whole movie is in song (that's an issue on its own) and honestly, it's just sad. SPOILERS FOLLOW! The corpse bride (Emily) was killed by someone who she thought loved her. In the end, Victor marries Victoria and Emily has to find her time spent with Victor as a sufficient example of what her life could have been if she had happily married before she moves on (turns into blue butterflies...). Well, Tim Burton's films aren't meant to be very "happy" so I don't know what I was expecting.


Do you agree with our list? 🤔


Tell us why or why not in the comments below! 😊


- Sarah 


REFERENCES:

Videos:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jane the Virgin review.

Please Like Me: Josh Thomas

Is Australian TV Guilty of Whitewashing?